About the High School High Tech Program
The Able Trust High School High Tech (HSHT) is designed to provide high school students with all types of disabilities the opportunity to explore jobs or postsecondary education leading to in-demand careers. HSHT links youth to a broad range of academic, career development and experiential resources and experiences that will enable them to meet the demands of the 21st century workforce.
Watch this video to learn about the benefits of the High School High Tech program:
HSHT Sites are located in 43 sites across Florida and work with students with disabilities to:
- Improve participation in education, vocational, and employment-related activities;
- Increase their high school graduation rate, and
- Increase their enrollment in postsecondary education & training
HSHT is a community-based partnership made up of students, parents and caregivers, businesses, educators and rehabilitation professionals. It has been shown to reduce the high school dropout rate and increase the overall self-esteem of participating students.
If you're interested in getting involved, there are several ways to become engaged:
- Host your local HSHT site and let them see what happens in your industry.
- Mentor a HSHT student to give them the real-world experience that is vital to entering the workforce.
- Adopt a HSHT site to expand student experiences and resources
To see where you fit into the HSHT community, contact Coleen Agner at email@example.com.